Fondant Writing On Side Of Cake....

Decorating By mariak Updated 6 Mar 2017 , 2:21am by mariak

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 5 Mar 2017 , 3:54am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I will be doing this cake and I was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to do the fondant names on the side of the cake? Do you just race it and then cut it out or is there some other way? ThanksFondant Writing On Side Of Cake....

2 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 5 Mar 2017 , 6:09am
post #2 of 3

The words Baby Girl and Baby Boy are FMM Tappits they are readily available everywhere.  The larger fondant words are so perfect that I would guess they were cut with a computer program like Cricut or something like that.  You could cut them by hand, with a very steady hand, but anything hand cut compared to computer cut never looks quite as clean and perfect as the photo. The bottom horizontal part of the letter L for example is super fine.  If you are confident in your skills and are willing to have a go, no problems.  If not, does it have to be that exact font? Could you use a font that is a little "blockier", if you know what I mean.  The pink script font would be a little easier to do.

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 6 Mar 2017 , 2:21am
post #3 of 3

I dont think it has to be exactly that script but something similar. I was afraid it was probably done on a machine to be that precise. I can get fairly clean edges but that is perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%