Cricut Cake...keep Or Sell?

Decorating By indie Updated 21 Feb 2017 , 1:42am by crnewbold

indie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indie Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 12:34am
post #1 of 2

This is my first post on a cake central forum!  So I am torn...I have a brand new, in the box cricut cake machine.  It's been in the box untouched for a few years now.  I do cakes all the time but never felt the need to get this out and spend the time learning how to use it.  I mostly decorate in buttercream, fondant is usually only for accents or if someone wants a dark colored cake.  What are your thoughts on whether to keep it and take the time to learn it, or sell it?  Can you still get parts or cartridges for it?  Thanks for your help!

1 reply
crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 1:42am
post #2 of 2

You can still buy cartridges and possibly replacement blades.  I'd say if you've had it for years and have not yet taken it out to learn and use it, don't bother.  Sell it at buy some cake tools you've been wanting :-).  If you do decide to pursue cutting decorations on an electronic cutter there are much better choices available now.  Cricut Explore and Silhouette Cameo (and others) are not limited by expensive cartridges like the Cricut Cake are.  You can either purchase individual images on-line (many very inexpensively), or create/modify images you find on-line, depending on the amount of effort you want to expend and your technical aptitude.  It does require learning and much practice, but the results can be awesome.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%