Black Wafer Paper

Decorating By leannrr Updated 21 Feb 2017 , 7:49pm by fondantslinger

leannrr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannrr Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 5

Help!  I can't find black wafer paper anywhere.  I have a large stack of white wafer paper, but thought it would be easier to buy colored paper.  I have air brushed the wafer paper before and it gets wet and curls.  Suggestions?  Need quite a bit- want to do a fringe skirt look all the way around a 12" round.

4 replies
fondantslinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantslinger Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 5

Try using white wafer paper an a product called.  "Flexique"  you can color this product but best of all when you apply it to wafer paper of which you can lay several pieces together to make as wide or as long as you want and then apply the Flexique mixture an let dry. It will actually turn into a flexible piece once dried just like fabric an it's edible.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 5

I would suggest airbrushing.   It sounds like you are trying to blacken the w.f. all at once if it is wet.  Spray multipule coats to get it black.  Yes, it will curl some but will that really be a proble3m since you will be cutting it into tiny stirips anyway? 

I haven't heard of the product fondantslinger mentions.  Sounds like a good way to go if you can find it.

fondantslinger Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 5

Hi all

You can find 'Flexique' at

www.flexique.com

They are in Bealeton Virginia

Unique Flexique, LLC

P.O. Box 498

Bealeton, VA 22712

This stuff is awesome esp for making drapes. It is a cake decorating compound. It folds when dry like real looking fabric.

fondantslinger Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 5

Hi all

You can find 'Flexique' at

www.flexique.com

They are in Bealeton Virginia

Unique Flexique, LLC

P.O. Box 498

Bealeton, VA 22712

This stuff is awesome esp for making drapes. It is a cake decorating compound. It folds when dry like real looking fabric.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%