"the Challenge Of Beauty: Striving For Perfection In An Imperfect World"

Decorating By kandeelcakes Updated 27 Feb 2017 , 11:26pm by kandeelcakes

kandeelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandeelcakes Posted 19 Feb 2017 , 2:57am
post #1 of 5

This is the theme for a cake I have to make, does anyone have any ideas? even vague ones would be nice!

"One of the great mysteries of life is its inextricable beauty. Mankind is surrounded by a wondrous universe. From the depths of the night sky upon the vastness of the seas to hearing a bird’s song while tasting a pear plucked from the tree, beauty surrounds us at every turn of our lives. And yet, beauty is not so superficial that it’s limited to our sensory perceptions. We find beauty in the smile of a grandmother, wrinkled as she may be. We find beauty in the pages of a book, nerve-racking as the plot may be. We find beauty in the footwork of the athlete, grueling as the sport may be. We find beauty in the pitter patter of raindrops, scary as the storm may be. What is it about these disparate things that cause us such admiration?

Some may argue that the world is not so beautiful after all. Pain. Arrogance. Anger. Jealousy. Hatred. Greed. However, isn’t it true that each comes with its own antidote? Joy. Humility. Compassion. Generosity. Love. Sacrifice. For those who are adamant, beauty can be found or created in every situation, amidst every challenge, through every difficulty, and even within every ugliness, where the only place we find beauty may be in the hope that things get better."

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Feb 2017 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 5

It would help if you were to give us some idea of what you will be working with - sizes, shapes, how many servings needed.  

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 19 Feb 2017 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 5

I would make a beautiful  "cake wreck" .....you could make a beautiful sunset with a silhouette of a dead tree , or put beautiful flowers on it that are on the verge of wilting or a little brown around the pedal edges.  Or make an old battered book with the almost wilted roses and maybe some perfect buds "for hope"  next to it. Just some ideas as I read your questions. 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 21 Feb 2017 , 2:02am
post #4 of 5

Wow, I love it! What a fantastic challenge!

I've got so many images in my head.....

A couple who are very much in love (heads pressed together, wrapped up in each other's arms), sheltering together under an umbrella or a little alcove in a forest while a storm rages around them and their little pocket of love and calm.

Again with the rain but a gentler storm, a little child out dancing it in and jumping in puddles.

Something tiered but with each tier themed to suit a different generation within a family going from new bubba, to curious child, to loving mum, to wise old grandma or something along those lines.

Someone (maybe a couple) drifting out on a calm sea, lying back in a boat but they are happy to be there, just by themselves, looking up at a night sky full of beautiful stars.

A snowy scene with a mama wolf and her pups and she's teaching them to hunt.

Wow, so many more ideas in my head...

kandeelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandeelcakes Posted 27 Feb 2017 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 5

the only rule is that ingredients must be under $50 and that it can be any shape as long as its 9" !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%