Russian Piping Tips... With A Weird Piece...

Decorating By Baked.Beauty Updated 20 Feb 2017 , 6:39pm by gscout73

Baked.Beauty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baked.Beauty Posted 17 Feb 2017 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 7

My boss ordered a set of Russian piping tips for us at work.

We just received it and we got the standard 7 piece set and it included some disposable piping bags and one of these weird metal pieces... anyone know what it's for? Russian Piping Tips... With A Weird Piece...Russian Piping Tips... With A Weird Piece...

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2017 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 7

This is just a guess.....I'd say it's a flower remover.  If you want to make a flower on a nail it picks it up so you can place it where you want.   Even if you have piped a flower on the cake and want to move it just slip this divice on your finger and life the flower.   Anyway......that's my guess :)

Baked.Beauty Posted 18 Feb 2017 , 4:15am
post #3 of 7

We thought so maybe that's what it was too so we tried it but it didn't really work... the prongs are too far apart and just drags the flower off/apart when you try to get it down to the more closed part...

Baked.Beauty Posted 18 Feb 2017 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 7

We used it to part the petals a bit and gave some a bit of a droop to look like a lily but I mean, you can use the end of a flower nail to do that right? And they didn't even include a flower nail so I don't think it has anything to do with that...

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 12:01am
post #5 of 7

Contact the company that made them and ask them. I'm curious as to what it is too. 

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 7

It looks like it would fit the tip of the finger, so a flower lifter would make sense. But if the prongs are too far apart, then it is a mistery to me what else I could be used for.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 20 Feb 2017 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 7

It looks like it would fit the tip of the finger, so a flower lifter would make sense. But if the prongs are too far apart, then it is a mistery to me what else I could be used for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%