Sky Blue Color For 65Th Wedding Anniversary Cake??

Decorating By satindoll_101 Updated 17 Feb 2017 , 1:34pm by -K8memphis

satindoll_101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satindoll_101 Posted 16 Feb 2017 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All,

I would really appreciate your input.

I am making a 65th wedding anniversary in a few weekends. I googled and noted that the color for a 65th wedding anniversary is sky blue. However, when googling 65th wedding anniversary cakes on google, most of the cakes I see look a lighter version of royal blue to me (definitely not sky blue.) I'm pretty sure I'm not color blind LOL, but sky blue is not the same as a lightened royal blue. Here is the link I am talking about:

65th Wedding Anniversary Cakes Images

Should I just go with my gut sense of a typical sky blue color (which I already have from America Gel Paste), or should I go with the norm of cakes I see and make a more royal blue looking color?

What would you do? This little color issue is confusing me WAY too much!!!!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Feb 2017 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 5

first of all thanks for asking this -- i'm going to, no i am already enjoying this answer --

girlfriend, you artistically can not only break out of that mold never to return you can also never ever ever limit your artistic ability -- you fly to the moon and beyond with every cake you make, paper you write, wall you paint, photo you take, craft project, portrait, table you make, flower you plant etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc -- 

fly as high and as far and as beautiful, wonderful spectacular, magnificent, brilliant, courageous, artistic, colorful, as you can possibly make it -- as much or as modified as YOU want --

it's all up to you --

you are hereby fully authorized, officially empowered, completely equipped* and ready to go --

blue_heart heartpulse purple_heart

*internally

any questions

-K8memphis Posted 16 Feb 2017 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 5

blush

satindoll_101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satindoll_101 Posted 17 Feb 2017 , 2:32am
post #4 of 5

So your answer is........ no, you're not color blind, go with your gut instinct for sky blue then! LOL! Thank you for your reply though. By far the best best reply I've had to any of my neurotic / panic cake decorating questions lol! :) I hope it's alright if I post your reply on my FB cake shoppe page---love it! smiley

-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2017 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

i'd be honored to be posted on your page  gift_heart thank you --

art all the colors are yours -- sky blue upward and onward rainbow  

cheers coffee 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%