Hogwarts Castle Cake - Picture

Decorating By karennayak Updated 7 Oct 2005 , 1:10pm by alengirl

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 9:38am
post #1 of 9

Hi,
The Harry Potter Party was yesterday. Finally, I have uploaded a picture of the cake in my photos (first upload ever!). My daughter and her friends just loved it.
Karen

8 replies
cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 10:46am
post #2 of 9

wow your cake is great - that must have taken a long time! Great job!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:26am
post #3 of 9

Hi, Karen. I think it looks totally awesome!!! I love all of the details that you showed!! It must have taken forever. Great job!!

Tanya

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 7:58am
post #4 of 9

I know that it has been said ...but what a wonderful job.....

karennayak Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:53am
post #5 of 9

Thank you for your comments.

This cake did take a long long time, mostly because I had a very fussy assistant ... my ten-year-old who is a stickler for detail! The ivy, the windows, the doorknobs... all her ideas.

And she was very particular that the icing (walls and flagstones) should not be smooth and even ... "It's an ancient castle Mama!" And the fondant, for the towers, she wanted a marbled effect, so I did not knead in the colour smoothly (much as I wanted to!)

But it was fun, as was the party ... 30 ten-year-olds in black cloaks and hats running around my garden, playing Quidditch and having Broomstick races!

Once again,
Thanks for looking,
Karen

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 11:59am
post #6 of 9

Your cake turned out great!! You did an awesome job on the detail. icon_smile.gif

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 9

It looks magnificent!! My daughter saw the pic last night and now she wants one just like it!! Do you have instructions for this cake?? I would love to have a copy if you do. DD is a big HP fan!! She has been Hermoine for the past two years on Halloween. icon_eek.gif

Thanks,
Kristina

karennayak Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 1:05pm
post #8 of 9

Hi Kristina,MominSC,

First of all, thanks for looking, and for your nice comments!

I live in India, and nothing ... no cake decorating supplies are available at all. So.. no instructions.

I made everything from scratch, and kind of looked for alternatives as I went along. For example.. the quidditch hoops are embroidery hoops attached to bic pens and then covered with silver contact paper!

I could write out exactly what I did and email them to you if you like.
Let me know if you would like me to do that.

Karen

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 1:10pm
post #9 of 9

Your hard work paid off! The cake looks GREAT! I bet all the children at the party loved it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%