How To Delivery Your Cake

Business By dwcole7 Updated 13 Feb 2017 , 11:28pm by kakeladi

dwcole7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dwcole7 Posted 12 Feb 2017 , 1:06am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I am curious to know how you all deliver your cakes? Mostly if you are a home baker. Do you put it in a box? What kind of box if it's a 2 or 3 tier cake? Any tips would be great! Thank you!!!

3 replies
ConnieCakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieCakes14 Posted 12 Feb 2017 , 3:57am
post #2 of 4

I get boxes from either walmart or home depot. I like the home depot small boxes because you can set it on it's side and it will be 12 inch wide and 16 inches tall- perfect for tall 2 tier cakes. And you can open the lid sideways like doors and safely slide the cake in. Use packaging tape. I usually go by the size of the bottom tier, making sure it is a snug fit inside the box. like a 12 inch round cake will fit snug in a 1ft x 1ft square box. 14inch round cakes in 16inch wide boxes. You don't want the boxes too big, the cake will slide around in the space. If the cake is too tall, I cut the top of the box and lightly cover the rest of the cake with saran wrap. I've only done it a couple times if the toppers can't be taken off.
For transporting, I bought a 5x7 non-skid rug pad and lay it flat in the back of my suv. The pad will keep the cake box/boxes from sliding around in the back. Then just drive carefully. I've delivered hundreds of cakes this way with no problems.

ConnieCakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieCakes14 Posted 12 Feb 2017 , 4:04am
post #3 of 4

I meant the cake board size, not the actual cakes, sorry. 

Quote by @ConnieCakes14 on 5 minutes ago

I get boxes from either walmart or home depot. I like the home depot small boxes because you can set it on it's side and it will be 12 inch wide and 16 inches tall- perfect for tall 2 tier cakes. And you can open the lid sideways like doors and safely slide the cake in. Use packaging tape. I usually go by the size of the bottom tier, making sure it is a snug fit inside the box. like a 12 inch round cake will fit snug in a 1ft x 1ft square box. 14inch round cakes in 16inch wide boxes. You don't want the boxes too big, the cake will slide around in the space. If the cake is too tall, I cut the top of the box and lightly cover the rest of the cake with saran wrap. I've only done it a couple times if the toppers can't be taken off.
For transporting, I bought a 5x7 non-skid rug pad and lay it flat in the back of my suv. The pad will keep the cake box/boxes from sliding around in the back. Then just drive carefully. I've delivered hundreds of cakes this way with no problems.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Feb 2017 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 4

Mostly my orders other than wedding/tiered cakes are picked up and always boxed.   If I am delivering it usually is not covered in anyway.   I *always!* completely vacuum the car before so I know it's clean.  The cake will go an non-skid pad.    If a tiered cake is not stacked until setup at venue the tiers are boxed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%