White Chocolate Frosting

Decorating By kristingeorge Updated 7 Oct 2005 , 12:17am by kristingeorge

kristingeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristingeorge Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:06am
post #1 of 9

Okay recently I saw a Food Network Challenge of wedding cakes... It was great... I love watching these shows... But while I was watching Mike something or other from Washington... So he used a white chocolate frosting that was rolled like fondant and think... I hate fondant all together and thought this would be a good alternative...

Can anyone give me an idea of what this was...

Thanks

8 replies
scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 9

Just wanted to keep this up... I would love to hear about this too!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 3:25am
post #3 of 9

Coette Peter's uses a rolled fondant called Massa Grischuna. It comes in "neutral", white chocolate, & dark chocolate. She gets it from Albert Uster (auiswisscatalogue.com).

I've tasted the white chocolate when I attended demonstration classes with her. It has a wonderful texture and it tastes great without adding anything. With shipping, it's pretty pricey--$4+/lb. I've posted the description from the Uster website below.

Confiseur dOr White Chocolate Massa Grischuna (rolled fondant) - 13.2 lbs / 6 kg
Price: $51.30
This massa grischuna (rolled fondant) offers a white chocolate flavor and ivory color tone for the perfect all-chocolate wedding cake. Use it to enrobe and decorate white chocolate cakes, sponges filled with ganache or to wrap white chocolate mousse petit fours

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 3:41am
post #4 of 9

I think it was a chocolate and corn syrup mixture, sort of like cany clay. I can't remember what it's called, but I know it's been talked about on here before.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 3:58am
post #5 of 9

I'd be interested to know what it is, too.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 4:25am
post #6 of 9

I was also under the impression that it was more like candy clay than fondant. Not sure, though. If you went to his website www.mikesamazingcakes.com
and emailed, maybe they would even tell you what it was!

Blake-I'm paying $8.50 for 2# of Satin Ice when I don't use MMF, so that price isn't really that bad, especially when you consider that yucky Wilton stuff is $7.99/2# here.

Ali

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 11:06am
post #7 of 9

I think it is called chocolate plastic. Toba Garrett has it in her book. You can make it with dark, milk or white chocolate....you mix it with corn syrup and I'm not sure what else cuz I dont have the book in front of me...if you want the recipe let me know and I will get it for you!!

Berta

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 11:37am
post #8 of 9

I want to try this ..also I am ordering some from the uster site.

kristingeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristingeorge Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 12:17am
post #9 of 9

Okay Chocolate Plastic... THis is the stuff I believe he used... I will test and let you all know how it goes...

http://www.baking911.com/recipes/chocolate/plastic.htm

Thanks
Kristin

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%