Birthday Cake Dilemia

Baking By NanaCin Updated 8 Feb 2017 , 10:43pm by kakeladi

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 8 Feb 2017 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 4

Please Help!!!!

I am going out of state to visit my Son and his Girlfriend. I would like to bake and decorate a birthday cake for the girlfriend, but my dilemia is I won't have any of my decorating tools. Can anyone give me a suggestion on how I could make the cake  nice without the proper tools.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Totally Confused

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Feb 2017 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

I take it you will be doing all the work when you are at son's place.  Could you take some tools with you?  Just a few to insure a nice finish.   Otherwise, I suggest using cookie crumbs smooshed on around the bottom and maybe even the top.   Just take a handful of crumbs and lightly push them into the icing.  Or use candy shapes - M&Ms, skittles, things like that.   If you took a piping b ag and  1 or 2 tips you could pipe most anything.......words, squiggles, cornelli lace, even make simple 5 petal flowers, bead boarders, things like that using just a round tip like a #3.   

NanaCin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaCin Posted 8 Feb 2017 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you kakeladi  for all the great suggestions, I know it won't be what I am used to, but I should be able to pack a few tips and pastry bags.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Feb 2017 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 4

From another post I found a video that might help you: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%