Sweet Sixteen Cake

Decorating By Juju3636 Updated 5 Oct 2005 , 4:38pm by momsandraven

Juju3636 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juju3636 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter will be sixteen in December. I am looking for a cake that I cake make that will special for her. We are thinking of a 50's theme.
Thank you for any ideas.

6 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 7

Well, if you are thinking a 50's theme, it has to be ELVIS!!!!! Bigboots did some great cakes with Marilyn and Elvis..... you should check them out.... but Elvis, definately Elvis!

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 7

Make it look like a record...make the label Elvis....

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 7

How about doing the doll cake (wonder mold) with Barbie in a poodle skirt, or a jukebox cake?

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 3:45am
post #5 of 7

I would suggest doing the cake in pink and black colors. Maybe music notes on it? Or even something to do with a soda fountain! Now I need a chocolate shake...lol icon_lol.gif

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 1:13am
post #6 of 7

I think a Doll cake with a poodle skirt would be cute there is a couple at this site. http://www.wilton.com/dolls/doll_section/viewentries.asp?catid=1
Go to May " Your Choice", Page 3 has a poodle skirt doll on a record or go to January on page 1.

If you want to do an Elvis cake there are a couple cute ones here. http://www.cindascreativecakes.com/Home/homeframe.htm
Go to Miscellaneous in Gallery page 2 there is an Elvis on an LP, or go to Bridal Showers & Grooms Cakes page 6 is an Elvis.

I know whatever you decide will be great !!!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 7

I like the poodle idea! Another idea could be a juke box?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%