Freezing Top Layer Of Wedding Cake

Decorating By osci03 Updated 3 Oct 2005 , 8:54pm by osci03

osci03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osci03 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 6

What is the proper way to wrap the top layer of a wedding cake? My daughter is getting married Saturday! Thanks.

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 6

Put it in a cake box and wrap the cake box several (atleast 3) times with plastic wrap. When they are ready to eat it, they take it out, let it thaw with the pastic wrap on it, then eat. icon_smile.gif

osci03 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 6

I guess I better add plastic wrap to my list of stuff to take to the reception. Thanks so much!

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 6

Well, the best way is to freeze it solid and then use one of those vacume sealers (like the food saver) but if you don't know anyone who has one of those, freeze it solid, then wrap it in saran (2 or 3 times) and then in put it in one of those cheep tuperware type containers.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 6

I tell all of my brides to box the top. Then wrap the box completely in saran wrap then in tin foil. Then freeze. When it's time to thaw, bring to room temp still wrapped, then open and enjoy... believe it or not some actually think it's still yummy!

osci03 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everybody for all the help. I don't have access to a food saver so will wrap the box in saran then foil.
I'm one of those that thought my cake tasted good too on my anniversary!
Cathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%