Hershey's Chocolate Cake

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 4 Feb 2017 , 6:02pm by rocketmom1985

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 6

I need a scratch cake recipe for a moist chocolate cake and this one seems to get rave reviews...

Would this work in the Wilton cupcake pan?  I used a altered box cake recipe the first time I made it, and it worked well baking top and bottom separately.

Thanks...

5 replies
Siftandwisk2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siftandwisk2 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 6

Betty Crocker, the manufacturer of Hershery cake mix markets a cupcake mix.  

vlasko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlasko Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I like the recipe on the back of the Hershey cocoa can.  I especially like it when the special dark cocoa is used.   I haven't tried to make it in the pan you reference.  But I don't see why not.  Sometimes this cake can develop a few bubbles (air pockets) during baking.   But it's very moist and tasty. 

vlasko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlasko Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 6

I'd bake at 325 if using the giant cupcake pan.

rocketmom1985 Posted 3 Feb 2017 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks...I will make sure to check for bubbles...and I will bake at 325.  Will let you know how it turns out!

rocketmom1985 Posted 4 Feb 2017 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 6

well, the Hershey cake in the cupcake pan was a partial bust...I've used this pan before without problems but this time the bottom part of the cake fell apart even tho I coated well with homemade pan grease.  It seems very soft.  Will use a sturdier recipe in the future.  For the top part which i baked separately, i dusted with more flour and then it was ok.  Using hobby lobby brand candy melts and am frustrated...the wilton ones seem so much better quality for some reason.  I have made the cupcake "paper" twice and it has cracked both times.  *sigh*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%