Lookie Lookie -- Fabulous Utensil

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 29 Jan 2017 , 3:29pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 12

it's a thermometer spatula -- brilliant

https://www.zulily.com/p/thermometer-spatula-219349-34350020.html?pos=18&fromEvent=219349&

what cool tool do you have/love/wanna share here? what tool could you not live without?

11 replies
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 12

well these products don't last long here on zulily but this is some cool stuff -- some i'm not even sure what you do with it hahahaha

https://www.zulily.com/e/the-bakers-boutique-219349.html

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 12
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 12

Well zulily insists on everyone (or just me??) to register with them before you can even see the tool.   I am not interested in buying.........just wanted to see but they won 't let me :(

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 24 Jan 2017 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 12

I was thinking the same thing kakeladi...I would like to look at some of their things, but if I don't know that I want to buy anything, that's just one more login/password I have to deal with...lol

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 1:43am
post #6 of 12

i agree that signing up for one more thing is quite annoying --

i love zulily -- they are worth the bother to me -- their prices are perfectly ridiculous in the best way possible --

zulily is a very unusual online retailer -- although some items can ship out immediately -- you are advised in advance if you read all the description -- but you can wait for weeks for your items to ship like literally from china or hong kong sometimes but the prices, styles and sizes* make waiting well worthwhile -- they have excellent customer service -- also they do not take returns -- it's quite a different sales experience --

*i wear a size eleven shoe :) not that easy to find $20 and $40 size elevens and they have them!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 1:50am
post #7 of 12

Spatula thermometer is an interesting idea ...  But it looks like a pain to keep that little hole cleaned out when you're done using it.  It is definitely a crud catcher.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 1:53am
post #8 of 12

heheheheh "crud catcher" too funny and true -- but it would be so handy for fudge making, swiss meringue and all that ticky stuff -- and my husband does the dishes hahahahaha

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2017 , 2:41am
post #9 of 12

also signing up doesn't mean you're buying -- but yes it is a  bother

lokatelynve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lokatelynve Posted 26 Jan 2017 , 5:20am
post #10 of 12

I bought a similar model on amazon recently and it's actually pretty cool. The silicone spatula portion slides off to allow you to clean it. I bought mine for a few more dollars but so far it's been worth it.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Jan 2017 , 2:18pm
post #11 of 12
lokatelynve -- good to know -- thank you -- i've designed this my head many times -- i'm glad someone finally made one ha!
-K8memphis Posted 29 Jan 2017 , 3:29pm
post #12 of 12

i bought the kitchen aid look-a-like earrings -- i can't resist mixers :) 

they are all gone now though

https://www.zulily.com/p/silvertone-mixer-earrings-222116-30659897.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%