I Forgot A Cake Tasting Appointment

Business By whatthecake Updated 22 Jan 2017 , 9:51pm by -K8memphis

whatthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthecake Posted 20 Jan 2017 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 4

How do you guys handle a mistake with a client? I had a scheduled cake tasting  for today and I had so many things going on that I had forgot about it. I always keep a schedule  and another client asked me to move up the date on there  cake order and it threw me off. This is the first time I have done this. I apologized and offered to reschedule for tomorrow but I think I lost their business regardless.

3 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 21 Jan 2017 , 12:24am
post #2 of 4

I would offer them a discount on their order and include a guarantee that if the cake isn't done on time, it's free.  :-)

whatthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthecake Posted 21 Jan 2017 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 4

I should have done that. I feel terrible because it was for a wedding cake!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Jan 2017 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 4

honestly this is so much better than forgetting to do an order -- try that once and all the  missed appointments in the world will not feel near as bad -- no but seriously yeah it sucks to make a mistake -- but didja know that brownies were invented when a lady in maine forgot the leavening for her cake --

i mean mistakes can be great after you get over the pain and agony -- who could possibly live in a world without brownies -- and then just imagine what some perfectionist has (not) done and therefore not made their appointed mistakes and we do not have the wealth of knowledge their mistakes would have produced -- 

well suffice it to say i was just trying to cheer you up with that jangled logic (((big hug))) it's ok

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%