Box Cake Mix For Wasc?

Baking By sweetcrunch Updated 19 Jan 2017 , 11:04pm by sweetcrunch

sweetcrunch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcrunch Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 3

I tempting to try out the WASC cake recipe but I was wondering. is there a certain type of boxed cake mix that I am suppose to use? I have a lot of Pillsbury cake mix and was wondering if I could use that?

Also can someone give me their honest opinion on the recipe. Does it really hold up well? Is it carve able for different shaped cakes?  I have a really good feeling about it, just dont wanna get my hopes up to much.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 3

If you read the recipe and the replies you will see that I recomend Betty Crocker. I have used Pillsbury and Duncan Hines from time to time but keep going back to dear ol' Betty :)   Yes, it holds up great and is carveable.  Please take the time to real all those replies as there is a wealth of information in them.

sweetcrunch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcrunch Posted 19 Jan 2017 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @kakeladi on 2 minutes ago

If you read the recipe and the replies you will see that I recommend Betty Crocker. I have used Pillsbury and Duncan Hines from time to time but keep going back to dear ol' Betty :)   Yes, it holds up great and is carveable.  Please take the time to real all those replies as there is a wealth of information in them.

Thanks so much for the reply. I will deffently use Betty Crocker, but may still try Pillsbury. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%