What Are Your 2017 Cake Plans?

Lounge By Itsabakerslife Updated 3 Jan 2017 , 2:27pm by littlejewel

Itsabakerslife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Itsabakerslife Posted 2 Jan 2017 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone! I'm not one to make resolutions, but I have been making some new plans on which direction I want to take my cake decorating this year. I'm going to work toward opening my own business by the end of the year. Lots of baking, decorating, drawing and planning. I'm going to really try to get out of my comfort zone this year with my decorating.

I was wondering what everyone's cake plans are for this year? Please share!

3 replies
Dar917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dar917 Posted 3 Jan 2017 , 3:08am
post #2 of 4

For me, just keep learning new skills and adding to my portfolio. Hubby's birthday is on Thursday and I'm going to do a galaxy cake for him (fondant and color mists though, not mirror glaze-yet!), then his grandpa's birthday is on Sunday so I'm doing a simple chocolate cake with sprinkles for him. I'm going to do a carved Pikachu cake for our nephew's birthday in May. I might do a geode cake for my own birthday, or maybe I'll try the mirror glaze for it. Those are all the ones I have planned right now anyway!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2017 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 4

i have the joy of supplying goodies once a month at a luncheon honoring/reaching out to human trafficking survivors -- the program offers them an opportunity to metamorphose --

so far i've done cameo cookies and chocolate covered strawberries and of course the 3-d gingerbread snowy tree cookies --

we don't get a head count till a couple days in advance and it could be anywhere from a few servings to a hundred so i have to work real smart -- need to have the ball well rolling in advance and just do the finishing touches right at the last -- 

so this is near and dear to my heart and i'm still trying to figure out cool things to do within these parameters that will help the whole effect that helps reach them let them understand they are special/worthy/loved/important -- clearly a tall order but i'm just a teensy part of a tremendous endeavor -- i don't want to over do it kwim --

i'm thinking pretty choco covered strawberries might be my best bet going forward -- i just get concerned that if it was 100, and i could not find enough strawberries last minute -- yoiks -- maybe i should talk to a supplier -- but still, i think i need to stuff the freezer with cookies or something for back up -- 

so i am so happy i get to do this -- and i am open to ideas/suggestions if anyone has any :)

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 3 Jan 2017 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 4

Not really a resolution but try more baking  and decorating technique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%