Any Way To Stop Notifications?

Lounge By Pastrybaglady Updated 29 Dec 2016 , 8:19pm by -K8memphis

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Dec 2016 , 1:15am
post #1 of 10

Before the reboot there was a way to turn off notifications on individual threads. Is there a way to do that now? Some threads have taken on a weird life of their own and I just want out!!!

9 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2016 , 2:32am
post #2 of 10

if you go to 'account settings' then 'notifications' you should be able to rest your notifications altogether -- but i guess it turns off all notifications and you want just specific ones turned off --hmmm -- guess this is why no one has responded :)

i don't know but i tried... sorta

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2016 , 2:39am
post #3 of 10

maybe put in a ticket in the 'help' thing to tech support and ask jackie to reinstate this for us -- but maybe you already have done this --

Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Dec 2016 , 4:39am
post #4 of 10

Thanks K8, I just cancelled all of them.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 22 Dec 2016 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, there FINALLY is!

I just rolled out a major update earlier this morning, and now you can selectively follow/unfollow forum conversations!

I will be sending out a newsletter with some more instructions later today. 

For now, you should see a "Follow / Unfollow" button at the top of each conversation.

You can also access everything you are currently following by clicking My Profile->My Following in the main menu

or visit http://www.cakecentral.com/profile/following

Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Dec 2016 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you so much Jackie!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2016 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 10

wow how cool!

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 10

Quote by @Jackie on 1 week ago

Yes, there FINALLY is!

I just rolled out a major update earlier this morning, and now you can selectively follow/unfollow forum conversations!

I will be sending out a newsletter with some more instructions later today. 

For now, you should see a "Follow / Unfollow" button at the top of each conversation.

You can also access everything you are currently following by clicking My Profile->My Following in the main menu

or visit http://www.cakecentral.com/profile/following

any way to fine tune alerts?

I'm currently following someone and getting notifications for everything that they are doing. I get notified of new images that they are posting (which makes sense), but also getting notified every time they post a comment on those images even though I'm NOT following the image (???).

is it all or nothing on follows? in order to stop the alert overload, is the only option to stop following the person?

did the newsletter (detailing more instructions) get sent? I have 'newsletter subscriptions' checked in my account settings, but haven't seen anything regarding this subject come through.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
virago Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 4:55pm
post #9 of 10

Quote by @-K8memphis on 20 Dec 2016 , 9:39pm

maybe put in a ticket in the 'help' thing to tech support and ask jackie to reinstate this for us -- but maybe you already have done this --

does the 'help' ticket option still exist?

-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2016 , 8:19pm
post #10 of 10

virago -- well who knew huh -- it doesn't exist right now -- or at least i can't find it either -- maybe just send jackie a pm?

and if you are reading this, jackie, the emojis don't work anymore -- now nothing opens when i click on it -- used to be the list would drop down but it would not post any emojis -- now nothing -- but no hurry --

thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%