Cupcake Ideas For Kids Decorating Class

Decorating By HajraK Updated 29 Nov 2016 , 7:19am by GIGGLEBOX2014

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 13 Nov 2016 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 2

Hi Everyone,

I recently starting teaching a cupcake decorating club at my son's elementary school. This is my first year teaching it and I seem to be having some trouble coming up with new ideas for future sessions. The sessions are once a week after school for 1 hour for ages 6 and up.i break them down into a 4 session set so if some kids dont get into the first four sessions they can possibly sign up for another set. The first four session were basic cake/cupcake decorating (think Wilton level 1, including one session where everyone got their own cake). I then did a one-time Angry Birds session using candies and icing. Now I am teaching "theme" sessions where every week we do a different theme (jungle animals, emojis etc.)

The club has become pretty popular but I can't think of any new ideas that would: 1) be easy for kids to do without a lot of help 2)be budget friendly as well since I supply all the cupcakes, icing, candies/other supplies and 3) fit into a nice category (like the first  were "decorating basics" and the current 4 are "themes").

I am thinking of maybe doing 2 cookie decorating classes and maybe 2 fondant cupcake classes after but I'm not sure if this is practical considering the number of kids ranges from 9-12 during any set of 4 sessions. I'd also need enough rolling pins or make sure attendees have their own for the fondant class.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

HajraK

1 reply
GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 29 Nov 2016 , 7:19am
post #2 of 2

This is such a fantastic idea!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%