Cake Wars And Other Baking Shows - Take 2

Lounge By kaybray3 Updated 8 Nov 2016 , 11:20pm by kakeladi

kaybray3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaybray3 Posted 7 Nov 2016 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 2

Not sure why my previous post about baking shows wouldn't post correctly so I thought I'd try again. Are there others out there that are just as obsessed with baking shows as much as I am?  I wonder if they are allowed to take their recipe book with them when they compete on these shows. For example, I just watched Halloween Wars on Food Network, each contestant makes two or more different items for each show. I have a bunch of recipes that I have created over the years but there's no way I can remember each one off the top of my head so that's why I wonder if they can refer to their recipes. Does anybody know? I also watch Cake Wars and the final cakes in one particular episode were so sloppy and poorly done. I know they only have 5 hours to complete the cake but you'd think they could do something a little neater. But hey, I'm just on my couch picking apart their creations, they're the ones competing!

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Nov 2016 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 2

Yeah I guess I am. I seldom bake anymore but over the past few days I have watched almost non stop old cake wars and cupcake wars shows.  There is little else but election news on -especially today _ so I needed something to keep me occupied :) 

Someone reading this a month or 6 months from now will probably wonder what I'm watching now that the elections are long overwith -  I will be too :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%