Piping Gel Icicles

Decorating By e_kearney22 Updated 25 Oct 2016 , 1:08am by -K8memphis

e_kearney22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e_kearney22 Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 4

Help please!!

Ok so I have a frozen cake to do and they've asked for clear and pink icicles down the side of the cake. I tried melting down boiled sweets but they just don't break right and I'm worried they're actually pretty sharp for a kids party!

I thought I'd had a genius idea with piping gel but I did a trial run and they are currently continuing to slide down the cake ... It now looks like I've had a slug invasion! 

Can anyone suggest how to either stiffen up my piping gel (I'm using PME's) or suggest an alternative?

Keeping my fingers crossed someone can help, thank you!! X

3 replies
chocolatefudgecakefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefudgecakefan Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

Don't egg whites stiffen? Would that help?

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 12:42am
post #3 of 4

On line of howtocakethat.com she shows how to make piping gel icicles. She had to let them dry. Look under the decorations part and find where it says piping gel icicles. She showed just what to do and also what to do to make them dry faster by putting them in covered container with rice. Check it out!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 1:08am
post #4 of 4

You've already gotten great ideas -- here's another one to toss in the hat -- melted white chocolate and you could sprinkle it with white granulated sugar or sugar that's been colored with blue coloring --

Best to you 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%