Cake Pop Help Making And Transporting

Baking By smile22 Updated 13 Nov 2016 , 2:37pm by gscout73

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

My cousin is getting married at the end July of 2017 I live in ct and the wedding is in Lancaster pa.  She asked me to make 150 cake pops for her wedding which I said yes without thinking of the logistics 

It's about 5 hours drive for us and 5 hours by train we are taking the train and renting a car when we get there. Not sure transporting all those cake pops on the train is a good idea. Then I was thinking I could overnight them but how would I do that it's going to be hot how many days a head can I make these? Wedding is on a Saturday and we are heading out on Thursday to pa

5 replies
smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 16 Oct 2016 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 6

also how would I get the crumbs from showing up on white I bake my batter in pans that are shaped like 1inch cake balls  and I fridge them overnight before I coat the pops but the last time I did white crumbs were showing

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 2:20am
post #3 of 6

I've made many cake pops, even recently, and I've never had a problem with crumbs showing, so I don't quite know what to say about that, except what are you using for coating? I've always made mine within a couple of days of serving, and your transportation plans can risk them melting and being damaged.

I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

cakechemist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakechemist Posted 27 Oct 2016 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 6

I've done lots of cake pops.  The best way I've found to transport them is to individually wrap them in cellophane bags with twist ties and then layer them with packing materials (paper Easter grass is my fav for this).  The decorations typically stay intact and the little bit of air inside the cellophane bags gives them some extra cushion.

as for the cake showing through white coating-- let them set up and redip them.  If your coating is thin enough for the cake to show through in one dip, then it's thin enough to get away with two layers.  Also, make sure you get as many crumbs off the cake balls as possible before dipping.  I put them in a large Tupperware lined with paper towels and shake them around gently.

jenng2385 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng2385 Posted 11 Nov 2016 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 6

Help please..

I've recently started making cake pops this is my third attempt. .

They usually come out great. although they are usually kept in the fridge. . I have made about 100 cake pops for a friend's gender reveal, and I let them sit out to avoid condensation before wrapping them in cellophane. .and I went to start and they aren't melted completely, but they slide down the stick! ugh! 

I used wilton candy melts and I did dip the stick before adding the balls. . can anyone help me with this issue? I hope the issue is that it's just because it's fairly warm in my home as I'm in Guam.. 

Anyway. . will putting them back in the fridge save them? I'd hate for all of them to be ruined. .and gender reveal is tomorrow!  Noooooooo :(

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 13 Nov 2016 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 6

Putting them back in the fridge may cause what is called bloom, the white chalky look that will appear on the surface. It also may postpone the melt/slide until  serving. Are your balls dense enough for the chocolate glue to hold? This was suggested to me when I experienced the slide after years of making rolled pops. And I live in SoFlorida. I never had this prob with pops that I make with balls that are baked in a mold. My suggestion is make sure you are not adding too much binder to your crumbled cake, as this will make softer balls.  And do set your dipped pops in the fridge/freezer, then bring to room temp before wrapping. This works for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%