Canceled Cake Tasting After I Baked The Cakes

Business By Lindasicings Updated 14 Oct 2016 , 12:00am by BakerSupreme

Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindasicings Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 7

For a cake tasting, I provide 3 four inch cakes in flavor and filling the bride selects.  I had a cake tasting at 4:00 today.  This morning, I finished icing the cakes and got them ready and they are done.  I then check my email and find that she emailed me on Monday night at 7:09 that she is cancelling the appointment.  I was away on Tuesday and did not check my email.  I replied that I was away and that the cakes were done, that I could put them in the freezer or she could pick them up and enjoy at her leisure.  I charge $20.00 for a cake tasting and the 3 cakes which goes toward the price of the wedding cake if they book with me.  What do others do that have people cancel after they have already baked the cakes, got them ready etc?  Is it my fault for not checking my email on Tuesday grin.png  In her email she said she would get back to me if and when she wants to reschedule, so my guess is she will not get back to me.  Any ideas what to do with the cakes? My husband wants to eat them of course,  I thought about giving them away to friends.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 7

make hubby happy and collect in advance next time

Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindasicings Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

The cost of doing business, at least they will not go to waste.  My husband is always happy to help :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 7

husbands -- finally good for something --- jk jk jk jk jk sorta hahahahaha

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

Oh please,  give cakes to your husband! 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 12 Oct 2016 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

You can never go wrong giving them to your husband!! Sorry to hear about the cancellation!! People have no idea the trouble that you have to go through for the cake testing!! Next time you should get the $ up front for the cake tasting. 

BakerSupreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerSupreme Posted 14 Oct 2016 , 12:00am
post #7 of 7

I can't imagine giving cake to a friend rather than my husband... I say give hubby some cake & collect payment in advanced next time (: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%