Help With Super Hero Cake

Decorating By Aish90 Updated 30 Oct 2016 , 10:20pm by ElizabethsCakeCreations

Aish90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aish90 Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 1:23am
post #1 of 15

Hi,

I am trying to make this cake for my sons' birthday. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me on what size cake pans were used? Also how to get the hulk hand coming out like that. 

And how many days in advance should I make the decorations? I need help planning this cake as I am awful planner! =l I need to make it for the 23rd of October. 

Thank you :)

Aish[postimage id="5209" thumb="900"]

14 replies
ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 1:51am
post #2 of 15

6", 8", 10", 12", and 14". You can start doing decorations now.

The hulk's hand probably has toothpicks or dowels and then pushed into the cake, along with the other pieces. You can paint the fondant black where the hand will go. 

That's a lot of cake! Are you using dummies?

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 1:54am
post #3 of 15

In fact if you zoom in you can see the wire for the green pieces.

Aish90 Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 1:59am
post #4 of 15

Thank you so much for your help! :) Yes I am planning to use dummies. I only need it for roughly 49 people...and I'd rather have less as there will be other desserts and I always have so much left over.  What would be your advice? Which size should I use real cake and which dummies?

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 2:15am
post #5 of 15

An 8" and 10" will give you 48 servings if you use wilton's serving chart. Then the rest would be dummies.

Aish90 Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 2:23am
post #6 of 15

Thank you :)

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 3 Oct 2016 , 2:45am
post #7 of 15

No problem :-)

Aish90 Posted 9 Oct 2016 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 15

Hi,

Do you have any ideas on how I should do the 8" cake fondant? And to get that colour shall I just use grey and go over it with silver spray?

Also For the Hulk cake. I am using the dummy. How would I do this...just carve a whole in the dummy and cover it with fondant?

And a final question...lol is the print on the cake board printed do you think? It looks printed? 

Aish

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Oct 2016 , 3:24am
post #9 of 15

Hey Aish,

For the 8"  Ironman cover the top in a round piece of fondant and then wrap the cake and trim it a couple millimetres above the top . Next cut our pieces in shapes like you see on the cake keeping sharp corners. Then take a toothpick or scribe needle tool while fondant is still soft to mark holes around edges as shown.

For the hulk tier, cover the whole thing in green fondant as normal no carving at all. Then cut thick pieces of fondant in rectangles and using ball and sharp knife make them look like bricks. It will probably help to google pictures of brick. For the hand do as I explained before. The back is painted black that's why it looks carved, it isn't. I would also suggest painting around the edges with the same green gel colour (yes colour I'm Canadian lol) as your fondant and vodka to get definition on the bricks. Really zoom in on your pictures and you should see how to do a lot of things.

No where near printed its covered in fondant and embossed with a brick impression those cheap plastic ones. Again that one painted with black gel colour and vodka to give definition. Use more vodka if it gets to dark and take a clean paper towel to place over any wet paint you don't like because its too dark or the wrong spot/colour ect. If it dries and it's not the right colour paint it with vodka or even water and again take a paper towel and put it on the spot you don't like. It will soak up a lot of the colour. Repeat in same spot as many times as necessary keeping in mind if its really wet you may need to place a paper towel on it more than once. Keep putting on clean paper towel until dry.

HTH! I'm going to bed soon but any one of the lovely ladies will probably help. Also don't forget to paint in between Hulk's fingers!

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Oct 2016 , 3:27am
post #10 of 15

Get yourself a set of tools like below if you haven't already. They are cheap. I've even seen them at the dollar store here in Canada.

[postimage id="5265" thumb="900"]

Good luck! And have fun!

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Oct 2016 , 3:29am
post #11 of 15

For the board :)

Image result for fondant brick

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Oct 2016 , 4:09am
post #12 of 15

By the way I don't see silver on the Ironman tier. Its like a matte gold. Do whatever you like! Play with your colours and google Iron Man and Avenger cakes to get inspiration. Put your own twist on it. :-)

Geeze can you tell I love the Avengers!

Wish I was doing this cake lol

Aish90 Posted 10 Oct 2016 , 2:09pm
post #13 of 15

Wow thank you sooooo much,  all this really  helped!  Really appreciate it.  Thank you!! 

Aish90 Posted 30 Oct 2016 , 10:16pm
post #14 of 15

Hi just wanted to thank you for your help again :)

Here is a pic of my cake :) 

[postimage id="5514" thumb="900"]

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 30 Oct 2016 , 10:20pm
post #15 of 15

You did it! Congratulations, it looks great! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%