Gold Sequin Cake

Decorating By maudie21 Updated 30 Sep 2016 , 1:38pm by maudie21

maudie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudie21 Posted 29 Sep 2016 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a 9" x 4" gold sequin tier this weekend. I have watched a tutorial, so the ' how-to' is not a problem. But does anyone have any suggestions on how much of the confetti candy I will need to buy? TIA

3 replies
Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 29 Sep 2016 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 4

I made these two separator tiers with confetti circles: Sequin_Cake . I used one 2.6oz container of the confetti sprinkles by CK. It would have been easier if I had gotten the white sprinkles (they do come in that). I needed about two passes with my gold/vodka combination. These tiers were not eaten so I was able to use a nice gold dust by SunFlower Art.

I had the best luck with their Gold highlighter dust mixed with vodka.

Frank

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 30 Sep 2016 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 4

I used a little under 12 oz for a 9" and 6" so I would imagine that would be plenty. I bought the white confetti sprinkles, made a little "paint" out of gold dust and vodka in a big bowl, then dumped the sprinkles in and stirred to coat them. I let them dry for a day, then just applied the gold sprinkles to the cake. I don't have an airbrush, so for me, this was much faster then painting the whole cake by hand. It took me about 3 minutes to get all of the sequins colored gold...just a tip for anyone that doesn't have an airbrush.

maudie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudie21 Posted 30 Sep 2016 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%