Cake Design Please Help!

Decorating By Raynebow88 Updated 18 Sep 2016 , 8:28am by Apti

Raynebow88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raynebow88 Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hello. I have to make a cake for my baby cousins birthday party. Her theme is these toki doki mermicorno characters. They would like a treasure chest on top of a two tier cake (8" and 10") They want the two tier cake to look like an underwater theme (seaweed, starfish, anchor etc.). They also want all 8 of the characters. Now my main question is what is the easiest, and best way, you would suggest on making these 8 characters? And how should I arrange all 8 on the cake? please help me. Thank you!

[postimage id="5122" thumb="900"][postimage id="5123" thumb="900"]

4 replies
cupkakesp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupkakesp Posted 16 Sep 2016 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 5

The characters look easy enough.. But Do you have to make all 8?  Would you be able to do a few 2d ones?  Make them look like they're peeking out of the seaweed?  Having a few in the "background" might make placing the ones around the cake look less cluttered..   Just my thought on it:).  Good luck!  They're very cute! 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 17 Sep 2016 , 1:36am
post #3 of 5

Maybe buy the toys and use them to decorate the cake? Edible images are always a nice option too, or so I've heard.

Raynebow88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raynebow88 Posted 17 Sep 2016 , 1:56am
post #4 of 5

That's a really cool idea of having some peek through the seaweed. I kept thinking long and hard on how I could incorporate all 8 without it looking cluttered like you said. I'm really hoping I could pull this off. It's for my baby cousin, but she's more like a baby sister to me so I really want to make it nice. Thank you! @cupkakesp ‍ 

I was thinking about decorating with toys as well if I couldn't come up with any other ideas. Do you mean to cut out gumpaste in the shape of the character and paste the edible image onto it? I hope that makes sense. Thank you for your help! @craftybanana2 ‍ 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 8:28am
post #5 of 5

In my experience as a hobby baker and Auntie,  kids prefer REAL toys on their cake.  It's usually the mom's who want the "cute" cake, but the kids want more toys.  [And if you can lick frosting or cake off a toy, that's even better!]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%