Cupcakes For Saturday

Baking By lcubed83 Updated 9 Sep 2016 , 10:18pm by -K8memphis

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 11

Today is Thursday.  Can I start baking?  I do NOT have freezer space.

TIA

Linda

10 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 11

Personally I'd make them Friday or Saturday. 2 days is a bit long for cupcakes to just stand around. ..Not that they are inedible, just a bit dry I guess. So if it's for family I'd say: They shouldn't complain or bake themselves. If it's an order I'd say wait till tomorrow at least especially since you can't freeze them. 

I mean if I had to make them 2 days in advance - no way around- I'd brush them with a nice simple or flavored Sirup and vacuum pack them when they are still warm. Then Saturday use a curd filling or something that adds moisture and ice them...

lcubed83 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks Julia!  I was planning tomorrow, but am antsy today!  I'll go ahead and color frosting today, so that's all ready to go.  This is 225 cupcakes for a wedding reception.  

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 11

Oh how nice. That explains why you wanna get cracking! 

I hope you can fit enough cupcakes in your oven at the same time. Mine fits 20 only (2 trays, overlapping by one row) and 225 cupcakes would mean about 5.5 hours of baking time...

Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 11

That is a nice size order....no wonder you are thinking about starting today :)   Can you do that many in one day?  Maybe split it into 2 days.....and do what icubed said to the 1st batch.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 11

I use a doctored mix so my cupcakes are very moist. If your recipe makes moist cupcakes, go ahead. Just cover them and keep cool.

lcubed83 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks all!  Thankfully, I have a large oven with convection.  I have two 24 cup pans, so should be able to process fairly quickly.  If I fill one while one bakes, I should be able to keep a rhythm going.  Or I could mix the next double batch while two are cooking.

So today I'll get icing colors and toppers ready.  Tonight I have to finish dipping cake pops once hubby brings the Crystals he picked up for me on his lunch.  Sticks are in, so they are ready to go.  

The bride is a young lady at church.  Her friend/bridesmaid was going to bake as her wedding gift, but had to pull out of the whole thing a couple of weeks ago.  The wedding was actually this past weekend at VA Beach.  It was scheduled for Saturday, but they had to go ahead on Friday instead of a rehearsal because of the hurricane!  I usually do decorated cookies, with the occassional cake, but it is fun to use other skills all along!

lcubed83 Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 7:45pm
post #8 of 11

Elizabeth, what do you doctor your mix with?

Linda

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 8 Sep 2016 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 11

Sour cream and pudding yummy :-) The recipe is here: 

http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/1972/durable-cake-for-3d-and-wedding-cakes

I only use egg whites for a white cake or if I'm in the mood for french vanilla. I use 3  large eggs most of the time.

lcubed83 Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 11

Last two pans just came out of the oven!  24 dozen cupcakes baked in 4.75 hrs.  Now to fill some bags and get swirling!

Thanks all for your input!

Linda

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 10:18pm
post #11 of 11

dang you be fast -- go linda go -- swirl on  sweat_smile.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%