Cake Tasting

Business By ArtOfCake-NewYork Updated 10 Aug 2016 , 8:44pm by Frank68

ArtOfCake-NewYork Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtOfCake-NewYork Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 2

I've been asked for a cake tasting by a potential customer. How do you go about it? How do you prepare and what do you charge for cake tasting ?  May I add this is for a 3 tired birthday cake, not a wedding cake ...

1 reply
Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 2

I work out of my home and bake in a commercial kitchen, so I try and avoid having folks come to my home (especially strangers). I charge $35 for a tasting and I'll bring two flavors of cake and frosting - the fee is deducted from the cake if they choose to move forward. The cakes are served naked so people can mix and match. Now in reality, I usually have more than two fillings laying around so I tend to bring a bit more. 

The easiest way for me to bake cakes that I don't have it to just cut my recipe down by 1/2 or more and make a batch of cupcakes. What I've also discovered is that there's always more people there than folks will tell you. Without a doubt, there's always 1-2 more people that want to taste so bring a little extra. 

I use small containers to bring the cakes and the fillings, I also provide plastic spoons. I keep fillings in a small thermal bag so nothing goes bad.

Frank

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%