Art Paint

Decorating By 1968mkm Updated 7 Sep 2016 , 4:19am by crnewbold

1968mkm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1968mkm Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where I can buy edible art paint in the US. It is in bottles and I want to try it on my cakepops. Thanks

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 12:01am
post #3 of 9

Poppy Paint is basically the same and it's about $9 for 30ml vs. $9 for 15ml.  I've used the Poppy Paints and have met the maker of the product.

http://www.shorecakesupply.com/product/poppy-paint/

You can also easily make your own, too, if you like to experiment.  Edible luster dust or petal dust mixed with a bit of confectioner's glaze, thinned a bit with high proof clear alcohol [Everclear is best, but vodka will also work].  You can change the consistency with adding a bit of food grade/edible glycerine.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 12:16am
post #4 of 9

maybenot Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 1:54am
post #5 of 9

Love the water colors. 

With the info I provided, it's the addition of the confectioner's glaze makes the paint suitable for easy use on chocolate--it doesn't bead up.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 9

this is cool

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 9

I used airbrush colors straight from the bottle with no additives for painting this sugar skull topper.  I used a stencil, and I'm not a painter, so I can't swear that the consistency will work for you.  Not sure my picture will post, but I'll give it a shot.

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3377654/sugar-skull-cake-topper

maybenot Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 2:02am
post #8 of 9

I like to paint with airbrush colors on fondant, too.  They work really well for that, but they do bead up on chocolate, which is the usual covering for cakepops.

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 4:19am
post #9 of 9

Ah, good to know.  I know nothing about cakepops.  I do like to use modeling chocolate for decorating, so I'll keep that in mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%