Cookies And Cream Cake

Baking By mommasue2012 Updated 13 Jul 2016 , 5:09pm by -K8memphis

mommasue2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommasue2012 Posted 12 Jul 2016 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, making a cake this weekend and need a cookies and cream cake.  Never made one before, don't have time to try a new recipe so just going to wing it.  I was thinking of the WASC (because it is going to be carved for a roller coaster) and adding cookie crumbles to the batter, filling with cookies and cream filling (saw on this site a marshmellow cream one ) and then frosting it with  butter cream with chopped cookies.  Any suggestions/tweeks?  Wondering if the cookies in the batter will make a rough cake for covering later? 

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 11:54am
post #2 of 6

I've never made a cookies & cream but still I know the cookie chibbles will soften some in the batter and that's not a bad thing -- just sayin' -- I am imagining Oreos but choco chip cookies, peanut butter whatever kinds -- I wonder how extra cinnamony snickerdoodles would do -- anyway --

I think it will cut and serve ok -- especially if you refrigerate or freeze the cake before decorating -- it like homogenizes the moisture levels -- you want to keep the cookie chibbles a reasonable size not too big or small -- 

your icing will be lumpy for the roller coaster if you are sculpting it -- however if you are covering it with grass or something no worries --

what do you have in mind

cupkakesp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupkakesp Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 6

I made one just the way you said.. Added crumbs to the batter for extra flavour...  I also filled with my cream filling and with bits of cookie but I used my regular buttercream to ice the cake so there weren't any bumps on my outer surface.  Hth 

mommasue2012 Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 6

k8memphis, thanks for your comments, I have been thinking about this all night and agree that the icing will be lumpy, so maybe not in the buttercream as I am cutting out the cake to shape the roller coaster and then covering in fondant.  So probably no crumbs in the frosting I think in the batter and then the filing will be enough.

mommasue2012 Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 6

cupkakesp,

I believe that is how I'm going to do it with no crumbs in buttercream.  I am using a marshmallow filling due to a fondant covered cake and not going to refrigerate it.  it is going to a outside party so I had to find a suitable filling.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jul 2016 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 6

sounds really good 

lemme know how it goes -- maybe a picture too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%