Help With Box Cake Mix

Baking By Brandiib85 Updated 3 Jul 2016 , 1:26pm by kakeladi

Brandiib85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandiib85 Posted 2 Jul 2016 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hi. I really love my box cake mixes and their flavor. I tried adding an extra egg and a pudding packet to make it more dense but sadly it did not. Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

4 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 2 Jul 2016 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 5

Some people add a couple tablespoons of sour cream along with the extra egg. I used to love box cakes until they started making them smaller so now I only do scratch cakes. Which brand of box cake did you use? I am sure others here will give you more ideas as of what to do. Good luck!!

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 3 Jul 2016 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

When I'm not feeling the scratch cake spirit I doctor the pilsbury cake mixes. For vanilla I add the 15.25 box plus 3/4 cup of a second box. 1 cup of cake flour and a whole one cup of sour Cream. I also switch the water out for milk to make it more rich. Then you can follow the instructions on the box. My clients rave over both the scratch and the boxed cakes but I like the ease of the baking in boxed cakes. HtH!

Brandiib85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandiib85 Posted 3 Jul 2016 , 2:18am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Jul 2016 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 5

No you did nothing wrong.  What you need to this:  http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%