Baileys Cake And Frosting

Baking By Morgana-rose Updated 18 Jul 2016 , 6:59pm by Morgana-rose

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 4

Im still a new beginner cake maker looking for a baileys cake and a frosting of some sort, My sister loves baileys and wants it for a wedding cake under fondant with a type of frosting or something, but would like the frosting or icing in between layers that can be a bit thick and the cake tastes like baileys. my icings always look like the top layer squashed it ive never made a bailey cake but its for her wedding can anyone help

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 4

I do a chocolate Bailey's cake by subbing out some Bailey's for some of the liquid, and by putting Bailey's in a meringue buttercream for the filling. It's sooo good. You could also do a vanilla cake with bailey's soaking syrup and the meringue buttercream.

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 4

Making a Bailey's icing is soo easy, just mix Bailey's into your icing of choice. I like the idea of using a Bailey's syrup on the actual cake vs putting Bailey's in the batter, I feel like a lot of the taste would bake out. You could look for a irish cream extract to put in the cake batter, that would give the cake a little extra taste. Have you ever used ganache under fondant? If you chill the cake before applying fondant it gets nice and hard, might avoid the "squish" issue. We do a Bailey's ganache at work that is super good. Just some thoughts

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 18 Jul 2016 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much guys ill try thatsmile.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%