Mercede Benz Logo Fondant

Decorating By Immelda Updated 29 Jun 2016 , 7:44am by Immelda

Immelda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Immelda Posted 20 Jun 2016 , 11:57am
post #1 of 6

Hi there.

I need to make a simple round cake with a Mercedes Benz logo on top with fondant (not a print). I have seen many but no tutorials. Any ideas out there please.

thank you

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 20 Jun 2016 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 6

I like to use templates, it helps to keep everything in correct proportions. Print the pic below, the size you need. I have a clear cutting mat that use, I place the template under the mat. (use  parchment paper if you don't have a clear mat) The ink from the printed image can rub off onto your fondant, tha'ts why I use the mat.

For the outer circle I would roll out a long rope of fondant and join the ends, use your fingers around the top of the circle to create that edge. 

For the center piece, I would make 3 pieces of fondant into tapered ropes. Again using your fingers to make that edge on the top while also shaping the rope into a more triangle shape. Kwim You want the seams where you join the 3 pieces together to be as invisible as possible. Do the shaping on the mat, using the template as a guide. You want the 3 pieces to be uniform in size and shape. HTH

2011 Mercedes-Benz Logo:

Immelda Posted 21 Jun 2016 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 6

oh, I am soooooo grateful thank you very much. I just saved me hours of work.

Thank you so much

Appreciate it

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 21 Jun 2016 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 6

You're welcome!!

sugarbritches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbritches Posted 21 Jun 2016 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 6

You  might also consider modeling chocolate for a more precise cut - it doesn't drag as much.  Imperial silver luster dust mixed with vodka would look awesome.

Immelda Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 7:44am
post #6 of 6

thank you guys. I am doing the logo today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%