Storage Baked Cake To Decorated In 2 Days

Sugar Work By Hannashmd Updated 19 Jun 2016 , 9:02pm by carolinecakes

Hannashmd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hannashmd Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 11:54am
post #1 of 6

Hello All ,

Im very confuse, which is the best way to storage a cake to decorate with fondant in two days. frizzer or in the refrigerator? I am very confused, someone could explain to me as it does, if you have a project for 100 people and do not have time to decorate and bake ??

Help Please.

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 6

There are a couple of  variations regarding this, but freezing  your cakes is the key. You can bake your cakes days or weeks ahead of time.

This is what I do:

Bake

Cool

Wrap in saran wrap while warm or completely cool. Wrap twice in saran wrap, and place in ziplock bag or wrap in foil and freeze. Do not stack the cakes on top of each other, you don't want to crush them. Wait until they are frozen solid if you need to stack them in the freezer.

You can torte, fill and crumb coat and then freeze. OR freeze thaw and then torte, fill, and crumb coat.

Thaw still wrapped in fridge or on counter top.

Cover with fondant.

Tips:

Fondant decorations can be made ahead of time.

Do not cover a frozen cake with fondant, let it come to fridge temp/room temp.

If you don't have a designated freezer for your cakes, store you cakes on top level and meat on the bottom.

It is really important that you wrap the cakes well. TWICE IN SARAN WRAP, THEN WRAP IN FOIL OR PLACE IN A ZIPLOCK BAG.

I get extra large ziplock bags online and sometimes at the dollar store.

HTH

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

carolinecakes Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 6

Also if you are new to the idea of freezing cakes, a lot of people on CC do this. This is where Iearned about it. Freezing enhances the flavor of your cake, and helps keep them moist. Its a huge time saver!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 6

caroline spelled it out just  right  Be sure when you put the cake in the fzr that it sits flat.  Best thing is to put it on a cake board.  This can be done *after* it has been wrapped.  The board is just to assure the cake sits flat & can be removed once the cake is hard.   

Hannashmd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hannashmd Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you very much! One more question ? So if the cake stay moist I don't need to put simple syrop on the cake before to filling it?? 

carolinecakes Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 6

I do not, its a personal preference thing, some do. I will add everyone remarks how moist and delicious my cakes are.

"if it ain't broke why fix it"

Your choice really.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%