Friday Night Cake Club For 06/10/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 Jun 2016 , 12:30am by jellybeanlane

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 4:50am
post #1 of 22

OPening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to tell us about their week, share photos of their work, ask for help if needed or provide help if they can!

Cat

21 replies
catlharper Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 4:52am
post #2 of 22

Hi everyone!  I have to say that I totally forgot today was Friday! This new work schedule, where my "weekend" is Tues/Wed has managed to really turn my week around and today really feels like Tuesday to me, not Friday. So I was sitting here, handing out, watching the game on tv when I realize the Giants are wearing Friday Orange...FRIDAY. LOL! 

Hope your week has been great and you have some wonderful creations to share!

Cat

jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 22

[postimage id="4163" thumb="900"]Hi cat, been awhile having lots of testing done and seen so many doc I should have a med degree lol.... Anyway I made this little smash cake kinda proud of myself it's the first time I've ever made a teddy bear or any type of such thing out of fondant etc. I think I did pretty good... Just watched a vid while making it...lol... Well hope all is well with everyone have a great weekend guys!

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 22

[postimage id="4164" thumb="900"]

Natka81 Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 22

Two cake orders this week. one of them was this graduation cake.

SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 22

So cute!! It was all about shopkins this week! Just finished the cake yesterday and had some cookies i did during the week. Next comes a fairy party for next week with some flower cookies and cake pops! Busy month!! [postimage id="4178" thumb="900"][postimage id="4179" thumb="900"][postimage id="4180" thumb="900"][postimage id="4181" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 22

Cake for a 96 year old!

Top view of Grandma's cake:

Birthday cake for a 96 year old:

jellybeanlane Posted 11 Jun 2016 , 10:12pm
post #8 of 22

Really beautiful @Pastrybaglady

Dar917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dar917 Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 12:19am
post #9 of 22

Nothing for me this week. I was going to make my large dragon egg cake this weekend, but work got stupid and traffic and road construction got stupid and I got home late last night, and I have to be up early for work tomorrow so I didn't want to spend all day today working on it. Next weekend hubby and I should have the house to ourselves though so I'll try to do it next weekend.

catlharper Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 2:27am
post #10 of 22

Hi everyone!  So happy to drop in tonight and see all the creations!

@jellybeanlane ‍ Love your teddy! SO cute!

@Natka81 ‍ Your grad cake is cool! Is the hat part cake? 

@SoniaMT ‍ Your shopkins creations are GREAT! I know several little ones in our circle who would adore the cake and the cookies!

@Pastrybaglady ‍  That cake is SO elegant!

I won't have any cakes till the first week of July. And then it's sort of a big one. Our Museum Directors birthday is the 4th of July so she is one of 3 July birthdays at my work...the first cake of mine they will have and it has to be her birthday! Oy Vey!  She mentioned that she gets a LOT of flag cakes so I have to make sure it has nothing to do with that! LOL!  Still looking for inspiration. One thing I do know...it will be much better than the local bakery that we have had so far. They give us day old cupcakes each week and they are ok but they gave us a cake this week that wasn't picked up and it just wasn't good. So while the baking bar is low I feel like the decorating bar is very. high. 

Hope you guys have a great weekend! I'll stop in tomorrow to see if more has been posted!

Cat

Natka81 Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 2:43am
post #11 of 22

@catlharper, the grad cap is hollow inside and Made from gumpaste. 

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 5:38am
post #12 of 22

[postimage id="4186" thumb="900"]

[postimage id="4187" thumb="900"]

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 5:48am
post #13 of 22

Wow so many yummy treats! I love you buttercream piped flowers @Pastrybaglady ‍ Not good at that myself so I admire it!

I've done a toadstool cake for my friend's daughter (vanilla cake with nutellla swiss meringue buttercream). She had a cake like that herself when she was a young girl so she wanted one for her daughter too.

The s'mores brownies were a last minute project I did with my 6 year old son for a bake off sale at school. He had watched me and our neighbour's son the day before and begged me to make something too - at 5pm when he came home! Grrr... I was a bit hesitant as most of the people know I'm baking a lot and might think I did it for him. But in fact I only helped with the meringue topping as it had to be torched. And he got 1st place...YEAH! My neighbour got 3rd place for the hamburger cupcakes  (I posted last week) but they were not in the same category  (age) so at least they didn't compere against each other.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 1:09pm
post #14 of 22

[postimage id="4188" thumb="900"]I've just finish the cake for my Goddaughter baptism. I just cant believe how long it took me to make those frills!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 1:15pm
post #15 of 22

I dont know why the picture is tilted...

Very nice cake everyone. You're amazing!

Special mention to your teddybear @jellybeanlane ‍ and to the mushroom house @julia1812 ‍ ,so much details.

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 7:06pm
post #16 of 22

Great work everyone! I'm late posting as it was a busy couple of days.  I made a dozen cupcakes for yesterday morning plus a birthday cake for my boyfriend and then another cake for today.  I was up until 3am yesterday morning decorating my boyfriend's cake and so was exhausted while his family was here for the day.  I wasn't sure I could stay awake long enough to decorate the cake for today....lol

Chibi Dead pool cake for my boyfriend and a tea party themed cake for today.

kstevens Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 7:07pm
post #17 of 22

[postimage id="4189" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 7:10pm
post #18 of 22

[postimage id="4190" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 9:10pm
post #19 of 22

@kstevens ‍ Your work is unrea!...  Chibi Deadpool is killing me! Did you make the katana as well?!?

kstevens Posted 12 Jun 2016 , 11:54pm
post #20 of 22

@Pastrybaglady ‍ thanks for the compliment :-)   Wish I could pipe buttercream like you!  The katana is plastic and is what I bought to cut the cake.  It's a product by Fred and Friends called the Cake Samurai Cake Slicer.

Pastrybaglady Posted 13 Jun 2016 , 12:00am
post #21 of 22

@kstevens ‍ What a great idea for the katana - such a thoughtful and awesome touch! I bought my college daughter one of those katana umbrellas that straps to your back. It had an unexpected element - an actual blade if you unscrewed the handle. She wore it whenever she had to go somewhere at night by herself. Kept her safe for 6 years!

jellybeanlane Posted 13 Jun 2016 , 12:30am
post #22 of 22

Thanks for all the sweet comment's.... it's been really tiring and somewhat more difficult lately.... I guess it's the MS it makes my hands nd fingers go numb a lot... but I am determined not to give up!

love all the beautiful cakes etc. such wonderful talent you all have!!!

Jellybean :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%