How To Cake It

Decorating By joeyww12000 Updated 5 May 2016 , 5:51pm by theresaf

joeyww12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeyww12000 Posted 4 May 2016 , 8:13am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone on here watched the you tube channel, "How to cake it"? The ladies name is Yolanda Gammp. She does amazing work and I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of fondant she uses. When she is cutting it, it looks so firm. My fondant never has that texture.

3 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 4 May 2016 , 9:45am
post #2 of 4

Why not drop her a line on her channel. Most folks are pretty good about that kind of thing.

kandyslife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandyslife Posted 4 May 2016 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 4

OMG I'm obsessed with her!! She's currently my favourite cake-tuber!! I watch her videos all day and always look forward to Tuesdays (she updates new cakes videos every Tuesday!)

And yes ! she answered this question in a youtube video

She uses Satin ice fondant and some other one that I never heard of but they only sell it in Toronto ( at least that's what she said)

Here's the link: 

ast forward to 2:10, that's when she specifies the brand of fondant she uses. Actually watch the whole video, she answers all fondant questions there, it's so helpful !! She has amazing tips ! Can you tell I'm obsessed ? lol!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 May 2016 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 4

I also enjoy watching Yolanda!  As a matter of fact I'm making that nacho chip cake to bring to my sister's on Sunday lol.  I'm gonna prepare everything ahead on Saturday and one of my nieces and  one of my nephews (12 & 16!) are going to help assemble it

Should be a riot - especially since one of my brothers *hates* cake that looks like other food!

Anyway - if you sign up for her vip list you actually get the video on Monday evening wink.png

Best,

T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%