Sam's Vanilla Whipped Icing

Decorating By Xhavilove Updated 2 May 2016 , 5:03pm by Xhavilove

Xhavilove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xhavilove Posted 2 May 2016 , 1:33am
post #1 of 5

HELP!!!

Hi ladies! So I bought a bucket of this icing for the first time but I didn't ask for it frozen so I don't know which they gave me, I just put it in my freezer. If it wasnt frozen will it not work anymore??:(

Also do I need to stir it again before using? And frozen how long does it last?

Sorry so many questions!

TIA!

4 replies
Vevescakes2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vevescakes2016 Posted 2 May 2016 , 2:13am
post #2 of 5

Hi there if they didn't get it from the freezer than it is regular buttercream icing that needs to sit out not in the freezer you will not be able to use it till it thaws out take it out the freezer right away! 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:29am
post #3 of 5

Take a taste of it.  Not famililar w/Sam's offerings but it won't take but a couple of seconds to scrape a bit of it out to taste.  As someone else said, if they gave it to you at room temp it most likely is American Buttercream (ABC)

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 5

I'm sure others here will have answers to my questions about a big bucket of buttercream.  So how long will that icing last sitting out of the freezer? How big is the container you bought? If it is big you may have to freeze some of it unless you make lots of cakes.

When I make buttercream if I have any left over, I put it in the freezer. I just wait for it to thaw then it is like when I first made it. I don't have to re-whip mine. I only do caking as a hobby so I would have no need for a huge container of it. I have tasted Sam's cakes before years ago and I remember it tasting good!!! They have probably changed it since then. 

Xhavilove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xhavilove Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 5

Hey ladies so it isn't buttercream because the bucket was very cold I just don't know it it was frozen or just refrigerated since I didn't check. I took some last night to cover a cake and put the rest again in the freezer I hope it still works again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%