Need Menu Ideas For 1-Day Food Stall

Lounge By farah Q Updated 3 May 2016 , 4:28pm by kakeladi

farah Q Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farah Q Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 8:14am
post #1 of 10

Hi guys, i need some help with brainstorming my menu for a 'dessert bar' stall that im going to be putting up at an event. Its going to be indoor and i may or may not have access to a refrigerator. 
I am going to be putting up baked desserts like tarts and thinking of doing individually served parfaits if i have access to a refrigerator. 
Im concerned about how to keep the baked goods fresh and what all can i put on my menu that will attract customers. I cannot do onsite assembling/baking/cooking. so everything will be prepared in advance and then displayed at the event location. 
Any and all ideas are welcome :) 

TIA.

9 replies
LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 10:32am
post #2 of 10

What's the "weather" like in that space? Airconditioned?

Maybe pies, candy, merengue cookies, decorated Krispie treats. Petit fours. Macarons. Danishes, pinwheels, small pastry and sweet/salty pretzels? 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Apr 2016 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 10

You can make sooo many different things dipped in choco - white or regular.   Things like crackers (Ritz dipped in mint choco OH YUMMM; then saltines & others ); Oreos and many other plain cookies; all different kinds of nut clusters; mini marshmallows;  pretzels - broken ones into clusters & whole ones as is & rods, then simply decorated.  Dried fruits;  The possibilities are endless.    

farah Q Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:56am
post #4 of 10

The weather will be pleasant, not warm. i like the macaron idea but im no expert at that.

farah Q Posted 2 May 2016 , 5:57am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for all the ideas, im going to list them down and see which ones i can work with.

kakeladi Posted 2 May 2016 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 10

Just thought of something else.  PB&J fingers.  A slice of white bread; cut off crusts then roll flat; spread w/ PB&J; roll up and bake until light brown. (I do that in my toaster oven). OR you can do a similar thing using flour tortillas.   Many different flavor combinations can be used.  Strudels are great too.  Phylo dough makes them much easier but can be expensive.  

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 3 May 2016 , 12:46am
post #7 of 10

If you have glass cake plates with glass domes, you could also put whole cakes in them and cut a slice every time someone wants to buy a piece of cake. Of course, you would have to have small paper plates with plastic forks.  Buttercream made with part shortening and butter will hold up well on a cake. You probably would sell out quick because seeing it with the eyes will attract people and make them crave cake!! 

Good luck!!

farah Q Posted 3 May 2016 , 5:32am
post #8 of 10

yes im planning on keeping cake stands with domes. im not sure which cake i will be doing but i can also use them to display any of the other items.

Im still contemplating whether i should have a variety of desserts or just 2-3 really good ones that would make people go WOW.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 3 May 2016 , 9:37am
post #9 of 10

I would go for quality over quantity. 2-3 really good ones, plus cake displays - sounds plenty to me. 

kakeladi Posted 3 May 2016 , 4:28pm
post #10 of 10

Hehe - how different we all are.  I probably would go for BOTH quality & quantity.   I don't think 2-3 is enough.

Also, not sure exactly what this event is like but in the past when I have done a few many of my sales were to other vendors (&/or their kids!) who wanted something to eat right then so be prepared to do individual sales.  The cake in a dome to slice is a good idea.  Have paper plates or big napkins to serve it on and maybe offer plastic spoons for them to eat with.  A few of those came at the end to buy something to take home w/them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%