Chocolate Milk In Cake

Baking By Rocketpug Updated 28 Apr 2016 , 9:21pm by Rocketpug

Rocketpug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketpug Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 6

Yesterday I baked The Silve Palete's Chocolate Cake from the NY Times website and thought it lacked some depth. Was wondering if anyone has ever substituted whole chocolate milk for water in a chocolate cake recipe and if so what were the results? Thanks!

5 replies
SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 6

If you want awesome flavor, substitute coffee for the water :) coffee makes the chocolate pop!  You could use Milk as well :) I have done it both ways. Usually using milk in replace of water in chocolate cakes tones down the chocolate, but, I haven't tried it with chocolate milk yet!  That might actually be tasty, lol

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 6

I use chocolate milk exclusively,  and I love the flavor! In my chocolate cakes it doesn't change it texture wise, I even add a few squirts of chocolate syrup just for good measure lol

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

Quote by @ypierce82 on 5 minutes ago

I use chocolate milk exclusively,  and I love the flavor! In my chocolate cakes it doesn't change it texture wise, I even add a few squirts of chocolate syrup just for good measure lol

I will have to try it now then, lol!

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 6

I'm not a big chocolate fan, and one day all I had was chocolate milk. I used the same recipe that I always do, but the chocolate flavor was more intense than usual. Try it. I haven't tried the coffee....I don't drink it so I worry that I will taste it.

Rocketpug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketpug Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to give it a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%