3D Hummingbird Mold

Decorating By kstevens Updated 24 Apr 2016 , 1:53am by kstevens

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 10

I have done a bit of searching online and have yet to be successful in finding a 3D hummingbird mold.  Does anyone know of place to purchase one?  I am in Canada so it would have to be a supplier that ships here.

What about a good tutorial for one or have you made one yourself and are willing to offer up any tips/advice?  

A friend of mine loves hummingbirds and her birthday is coming up in June so I would like to make one for her cake.  If all else fails I'll print off some images and wing it. lol  Lame attempt at a funny, I know.....

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

9 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 10

Global Sugar Art has a couple of molds, one of which I believe is 3D.  Site states they ship world wide??

http://www.globalsugarart.com/hummingbird-mold-by-fpc-sugarcraft-p-23747.html

kstevens Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you 640Cake.  I saw this one but it doesn't make a 3D bird.  It would look nice on the side of a cake as it would be raised but ideally I'd like to have a hummingbird in mid-air and so need it to be 3D.

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 10

ok Kstevens.......sometimes we must be out of the box thinkers.........consider this as applied to cake decorating.....maybe use rice paper or gumpaste??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whONe5c7eUw&feature=youtube_gdata

Creativeconfectioner Posted 23 Apr 2016 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 10

You can get the templates here.....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316307573804610850/

Creativeconfectioner Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 12:09am
post #6 of 10

My other suggestion is to find a hummingbird positive you like and make your own mold :)

Creativeconfectioner Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 12:30am
post #7 of 10

Hawthorn Hill had a 3D hummingbird mold but I do not know if it is still in production

kstevens Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 12:32am
post #8 of 10

@Creativeconfectioner ‍ that paper hummingbird is so cool!  Thanks!  That is an option to try out.  I do have the stuff to make my own molds so that is another option.  I was being lazy & looking just to buy one...... 

Creativeconfectioner Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 12:51am
post #9 of 10

Girl Im all for working smart and not hard.....but the process of overcoming a Challenge I love also

kstevens Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 1:53am
post #10 of 10

I have seen pictures of the mold but I can't seem to access Hawthorne Hill website.  Looks like I'm figuring this one out for myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%