Shipping Fondant Cake Toppers

Sugar Work By jfraelich Updated 21 Apr 2016 , 3:14am by jfraelich

jfraelich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfraelich Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone :)

I recently received my first request to ship cake toppers. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips, tricks, pointers, or just things to know on how to ship cake toppers. Any help is greatly appreciated! I want to make sure these little guys get to their home safe and sound! I have attached a picture of the cake toppers that will be traveling if it helps.

Thank you!!

[postimage id="3610" thumb="900"]

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 5

I shipped a bunch of Wizzard of OZ toppers once.   All but one arrived safely.  The legs came off Alice :(   I tightly wrapped each piece in lots of tissue paper, then bubble wrap and made sure there were tight in the box, then I padded another box w/bubble wrap and put the 1st box into that for shipping.

I am almost sure those 'pigtails' on the pink/girl are going to break off :(  Hopefully they will not break into many pieces and the recipient  will be able to 'glue' them back on.

jfraelich Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for the help! 

The figures in that picture are ones that I made for a previous customer, but I will be duplicating them for the shipping order.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get her pigtails to my customer in one piece?

Thank you!! :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 2:48am
post #4 of 5

Could you not attach them?  Wrap well in bubble wrap and give instruction on how to attach them.  I think the customer could use a drop of melted choco or even a dot of hot sugar water would hold them in place.   You could test either of those methods to see if they work (know the choco will - not sure of the sugar water.)

jfraelich Posted 21 Apr 2016 , 3:14am
post #5 of 5

Thank you :) I think I'll probably try sending the pigtails unattached and send along a red candy melt for the customer to use to attach them.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%