Shipping Fondant Cake Toppers

Business By jfraelich Updated 20 Apr 2016 , 12:42pm by 640Cake

jfraelich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jfraelich Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone :)

I recently received my first request to ship cake toppers. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips, tricks, pointers, or just things to know on how to ship cake toppers. Any help is greatly appreciated! I want to make sure these little guys get to their home safe and sound! I have attached a picture of the cake toppers that will be traveling if it helps.

Thank you!!

[postimage id="3607" thumb="900"]

th

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 3

When you make them you need to have some kind of support going through each figure. What's the girl's hair made of? That's going to break for sure no matter what you do. I'd rework that part of the design. Other than that they look pretty solid, so lots of bubble wrap and a box inside a box should work.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 20 Apr 2016 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 3

Aw! Team Umizoomi :) Nice job! Is it possible to remove Milli's hair and let the customer attach it?  The hair may ship better lying flat. Or perhaps roll up some paper towels to fit into the crevices/curves of the pig-tails?  Brace the bottom of the hair/curve with paper towels (or something soft, yet firm enough to support).    

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%