Friday Night Cake Club For 4/15/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 19 Apr 2016 , 3:37am by Creativeconfectioner

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 8:50pm
post #31 of 43

I love all of the creations today! @WinterDelights ‍ the Lambeth method is one of my favorites! Many say it's too intricate, over the edge, but I simply love it. I love all the little details of it! Truly beautiful!

@kstevens ‍ How do you get your letters SO crisp? Do you use a tool of some sort like TapIts? It just looks SO clean!

@Singerssoul ‍ what are the butterflies made of? Such lengths to make this cake but it sure looks like it was worth it!

@LizzieAylett ‍ I surely don't know any other ideas than what was presented for fondant ribbons. Maybe use real ones instead that you can easily attach at the venue after stacking? It is a gorgeous cake and I can't wait to see your version of it!

Cat

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 10:29pm
post #32 of 43

@catlharper ‍ Thanks for the compliment.  I have a variety of molds & tappits for letters & every now & then I will hand cut them if I don't have the font I need/want.  For the swim team cake I used a mold by First Impression Molds.  I don't recall the name of it though. 

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 11:37pm
post #33 of 43

@catlharper Thanks!  I am working on many things because I do run an all natural bakery and have some state restrictions on what I can use (no egg whites/meringue powder, etc.) within the business. I have been playing with Aquafaba because it is an excellent replacement for egg whites.  So the little butterflies are made with Aquafaba royal icing.  The recipe is so simple, just aquafaba, cream of tarter, and powdered sugar. I dusted them with shine powder from TruColor so they were very sparkly.  

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 12:51am
post #34 of 43

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3366403/hot-pink-tea-roses-4-2016

Finally put the flowers & leaves together, I might just keep them in a vase and skip the cake............. is that too crazy???

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 1:01am
post #35 of 43

I would keep them in a vase.  Those roses are stunning!

Quote by @MBalaska on 9 minutes ago

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3366403/hot-pink-tea-roses-4-2016

Finally put the flowers & leaves together, I might just keep them in a vase and skip the cake............. is that too crazy???

GeminiBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiBaker Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 1:38am
post #36 of 43
MBalaska Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 1:46am
post #37 of 43

Thank you @Singerssoul, making cakes as decorative and lively with great colors and details is simply not in my forte. These sugar flowers are the first things that I’ve ever made that look nice.  Like those butterflies that you piped ~~ they look great and you’re using a natural product. Definitely not in my skill set.  So Bravo.

@Laetia ‍  I’ve never made a cake with all of that detail & the lovely board. Well done.

@LizzieAylett‍  You really rocked that wedding cake, WOW love the drapes. I tried it only once and mine were clunky, yours are delicate.

meghanm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanm Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 4:46am
post #38 of 43

Harry Potter Birthday Cake, top tier is a white cake filled with cream cheese icing, bottom tier is a strawberry cake filled with cream cheese icing. Both are covered in a white chocolate ganache and mmf. Sorting hat is made out of rice krispie treats.

[postimage id="3603" thumb="900"]

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 9:33am
post #39 of 43

@MBalaska ‍ - Thank you , but that's not my cake!  It's the inspiration :-)  I'm sure mine will not be nearly in the same league.  I was just needing advice on how to approach the ribbons down the sides.  But rest assured, I will post pictures of the finished cake (the wedding is in June, so it will be a while).  I love your tea roses, though - how did you get such defined veins on your petals?  Mine always seem to lose the veining by the time I've assembled the flower.

MBalaska Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 9:39am
post #40 of 43

It was a veiner that I found on amazon . com  a small rose veiner.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 5:23pm
post #41 of 43

@MBalaska ‍ your roses are amazing. 

MBalaska Posted 18 Apr 2016 , 7:16pm
post #42 of 43

@Marian64 ‍ Thank You.  Just to show people how long it's taken to get here, you can view my very first ugly mess in gumpaste flowers. On this thread from almost 2 years ago.  http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/779172/need-feedback-plz-1st-gumpaste-leaves-with-wires

This forum and it's generous talented members shared their knowledge and wisdom.  It NEVER would have happened for me without cake buddies.  I can not thank them or applaud them enough.

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 3:37am
post #43 of 43

A tip if I may offer ...there is a poppy veiner I use that works well for most flowers and has the surface area to allow for both large and small petals.....Its one of my go to veiners whenever I am flower making :)

http://www.design-a-cake.co.uk/diamond-paste-veiner-poppy-petal-large.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%