Transparent Wafer Paper With White Text, Possible To Find?

Decorating By LelekBolek Updated 7 Apr 2016 , 1:52pm by -K8memphis

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 5

@icingimages ‍ , @costumeczar ‍ and anyone -   looking for a vendor to make a print  out of few lines of white text on transparent wafer paper, if such thing exists, or an advice on how to achieve a similar effect (once on cake, the letters should be visible against darker background fondant color, but the paper - not so much)

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 5

That's a tall request...I'd think your best bet would be to print out a dark piece of paper or icing sheet with white lettering on it. I don't think you can get anything that's going to look transparent, so camouflage is your best bet. Or cut the letters out with gumpaste and just put them o the dark background, that's probably what I would end up doing.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you. I thought this was a tricky idea. Hmm. Need to try different ways i guess, see what the better substitute idea would be. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 5

i mean they make clear rice paper but the print would probably dissolve it -- they used to wrap candy in it and you could eat the whole shebang -- that's the only way i've seen/eaten it --

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2016 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 5

you could pipe white text --

then a pure hail mary:

you could test gelatin sheets -- they are clear as in see through but a little yellowish and come in different strengths

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%