Best Stabilized Whipped Cream Icing?

Baking By SimplyIcedCC Updated 14 Apr 2016 , 12:57pm by bluefox1394

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 2 Apr 2016 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hey all!

I mainly work with buttercream icing but, my family loves whipped cream icing!  I make cupcakes and would love to know of a good stabilized whipped cream icing that will hold it's shape and not just melt, lol  I tried one with knox gelatin and it didn't form correctly and had tiny particles/clumps in it.  If anyone has a good tried and true recipe, I would love to try it out!  Thanks :)

4 replies
VanillaGorilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaGorilla Posted 2 Apr 2016 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

I always make whipped cream with Oetker Whip It stabilizer (I can find it now in the grocery store, or it can be ordered through Amazon as well as others, I'm sure). It holds well at room temp, though I've never tried it in outdoor summer temps! Any leftover whipped cream holds its volume well in the refrigerator. Hope this helps--good luck!

SimplyIcedCC Posted 3 Apr 2016 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 5

Anyone? :D

SimplyIcedCC Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much!  No idea why it didn't show you had replied, lol..sorry about that!

bluefox1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluefox1394 Posted 14 Apr 2016 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2014/03/cloud-cupcakes.html

Is my favorite whipped frosting! It's really quick, very tasty and holds it's shape well.  You can also add dry instant pudding mix when you add the heavy cream and it turns out great. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%