Problem With Melted Chocolate

Decorating By Madeira Updated 28 Mar 2016 , 5:59pm by Madeira

Madeira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 11

Hello everyone! I try to make chocolate shoes. I use polycarbonate mold. When I getting shoes out of mold, its look fine and shiny, but after some days, they looks stained, ugly, with light pigmented areas. I used special chocolate for melting. What I do wrong? I add picture with my shoes. [postimage id="3390" thumb="900"]

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 11

how was the gold coloration applied and were they kept away from heat, light, moving/air and any kind of change in atmosphere -- humidity for example -- also were they refrigerated

Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 11

I dont use any colorants, this light pigmented areas appear after 2 days. When I putt out of mold, shoes are dark black chocolate color. when I remove mold  from the refrigerator, they are a little wet. Maybe this is the problem. The now I try to dry chocolate in room temperature, but this process are more slowly as I put in refrigerator. In youtube I see video, where people use refrigerator for chocolate drying. 

CatherineGeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineGeorge Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 11

By special chocolate for melting, do you mean candy melts? Candy melts are made with vegetable fat and don't have to be tempered. That looks like chocolate bloom. Perhaps just use real chocolate and temper it? It's not so difficult, you just need a thermometer and some patience.

Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 11

I use chocolate without vegetable fats, this chocolate is for melting. I read some articles about melting, some say need chocolate put in seal bag, and then in refrigerator.  Maybe problem is in temperature contrast from refrigerator and room temperature. 

Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 11

Today I buy candy thermometer :) I hope it arrived fast :) 

CatherineGeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineGeorge Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 11

If it's real chocolate, and you melt it, you need to temper it before you put it in the mold.

Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks, today I only melt it and put in mold. When my thermometer arrived, I try to tempered it. I hope it helps. 

-K8memphis Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 11

in the meantime only leave it in the fridge actually i prefer the freezer and i set a timer so i don't forget it in there -- i'd say maybe five no more than ten minutes for that piece -- and only long enough to help it set not any longer than that -- and your molds need to be carefully softly cleaned and buffed -- your chocolate will be as shiny as your molds -- and only melt the chocolate slowly at a low temp

-K8memphis Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 11

and honestly unless your choco is in temper you will have wonky results -- 

Madeira Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 5:59pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks about helpfully tips! :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%