Which Is The Best Printer For Cakes?

Baking By sweetlindas Updated 29 Mar 2016 , 1:12pm by sweetlindas

sweetlindas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlindas Posted 22 Mar 2016 , 2:55am
post #1 of 3
Hi everyone.

i am looking into buying a edible printer but don't know which one is best. I know this question has been the most questions asked but since it's 2016 the previous answers to this question is a bit outdated and none of the printers mentioned is available anymore except online only and I need to get one ASAP. Which printers is best to buy?

thanks everyone 

2 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 11:25am
post #2 of 3

Currently the Canon MG6620 or the ix6820.  Not the Canon mg6820 as of yet.  So be careful  Canon recently changed their models again and new cartridges are being developed for the edible world, however they are not ready as of yet.  For edible printing, there is no reason to wait until the mg6820 is ready as there are no new features that we are aware of.  If you are not purchasing the printer directly from us direction at www.icingimages.com then you will need to hunt for the proper model as they are hard to come by but they are out there.  If you are not sure and want to double check yourself, call our office and we will help you be sure you are getting the right printer, even if you are buying the printer elsewhere.  Some companies are switching back to Epsons, but nothing has changed in the Epson world to make it any better than the Canon.  It still does not have a removal be printhead which will become an obstacle if you ever get a clog.  Canon's printhead still is removable saving you from having to buy a printer if you get a stubborn clog. The only reason why they switched is that several years ago, Canon began having the paper feed located underneath the printer so essentially the paper has to make a wide U-turn.  This became problematic for other brands of icing sheets that began having problems with the paper falling off the backing.  Icing Images Premium Icing Sheets do not do this as they were made to be flexible.  That is why they are so popular among decorators and retail bakeries alike. Please, if you have any other questions, I will be glad to help you.

sweetlindas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlindas Posted 29 Mar 2016 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the info. It helped a lot. I will get the ix6820

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%