Farmer's Markets And County Fairs?

Business By m_willford Updated 19 Mar 2016 , 3:40pm by craftybanana2

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 15 Mar 2016 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 2

Freaking out just a little.... I'm in talks with the powers that be for both our local farmer's market as a pop-up vendor (so I choose what Saturdays I am there) and for our local county fair. The market is in it's 3rd year and for some reason the lady hasn't got any numbers on the sort of foot traffic I can expect so I'm going to be winging it for the first few. Lovely.

The county fair lady said her vendors reported around 2000 people over the 3 days of the fair. Obviously not all those people will buy cupcakes, but I'm expected to be set up clear until closing. Any help figuring out numbers would be much appreciated! Costs I can do, I am just feeling overwhelmed with how much product to make. 

1 reply
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 19 Mar 2016 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 2

There is a thread (which I can't recall at the moment) about how to estimate how much product to bring. But If remember correctly, @leah_s ‍ said the rule of thumb is 10%. 10% of people will buy baked goods, so if 2000 people come then bring 200.

Also, plan your display ahead of time. Do a mock setup at home so it's easier to figure out the kinks before you get there. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%