Wedding Vs Party Prices

Business By m_willford Updated 13 Mar 2016 , 3:04am by costumeczar

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 1:44am
post #1 of 2

If you're pricing a cake dependant on how many servings it makes, how do you price wedding vs party? Do you have set your 1x2x4 wedding cake sized serving prices and then charge double per serving if it's for a 2x2x4 inch party size? Or set your party servings cost and cut it in half for weddings?

I don't know if I'm making sense. I priced all my cakes on party size slices because that's what I tend to sell more of - party cakes. So it's more for a future reference, and because I'm trying to get everything organized so I'm not all spacey when talking with potential clients. Thanks!

1 reply
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Mar 2016 , 3:04am
post #2 of 2

I use the same serving size for everything, and don't change for wedding vs. party vs. food fight. I took the two most commonly-used wedding cake serving charts, averaged those, and used that for the serving count for each tier. It's easier that way, and I tell clients that this cake size will serve between X and Y depending on how it's cut, and that the standard serving should be 1"x2"xheight of the cake. They can decide if they want a larger or smaller cake based on that information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%