Stacked Oreo Wedding Cake

Decorating By Marla505 Updated 11 Mar 2016 , 11:00am by -K8memphis

Marla505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla505 Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 6:11am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a 3 tier wedding cake made entirely of oreo cookies that are stacked and attached with a bit of frosting on each one. It seems fairly simple to make but my question is has anyone ever made one of these and transported it to the venue? I thought perhaps if I wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap maybe it would travel ok. Or maybe I need to assemble the whole thing right at the venue?

2 replies
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 6:32am
post #2 of 3

I would first establish what icing they want. Glue it together with royal would be stable but not pleasant to eat. Melted chocolate would be my #1 choice as it sets well and is yummy. Buttercream would be my last choice as it would be soggy after it absorbs. 

I would also recommend it be served with bowls of whipped cream and raspberries for an extra wow/ class effect.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2016 , 11:00am
post #3 of 3

definitely need to test this out as Johnson6ofus has presented some sage recommendations to you -- and to that end check this out --

http://www.marthastewart.com/856492/chocolate-chip-cookie-icebox-cakechocolate-chip-cookie-icebox-cake

the thing becomes a whole different entity -- doesn't come off like a stack of cookies --which may be what happens to your dealio -- but if they want to serve the crispy oreos as is out of the package you might need to stack on site -- where 'stack on site' takes on a whole new meaning hahaha

in memphis if you leave an Oreo out of the package for a few hours it goes soft --

but what i would want is a foam dummy inside each 'tier' so the cookies have something to be pushed up against -- idk just depends on how big this gets -- and it could be a very small dummy -- idk -- random 5am thought

best to you -- can't wait for further developments and/or pictures

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%